Schools at University for Climate and Energy
“Our biggest challenge in this new century is
to take an idea that seems abstract - sustainable development -
and turn it into a daily reality for all the world's people“
Kofi Annan – former UN Secretary General
|Survival of modern societies depends on finding ways to act responsibly with regard to the natural resources on which life depends. In the context of education policy, pupils need to be able to grasp the concepts of climate protection and sustainable development. They also need to acquire skills, e.g. creative competence, which will allow them to develop actively solutions of their own in response to these challenges.
The project SAUCE contributes to these aims by developing energy education in primary, secondary, and higher education. Seven European universities and the Berlin Energy Agency have joined forces to develop and promote university programmes for schools as an innovative educational tool aiming to make younger generations adopt intelligent energy behaviour.
- New betwinner casino programm school in Germany 2022 project
- Freie Universität Berlin, German programme page
- London Metropolitan University, UK
- Roskilde University, Department for Environmental, Social and Spatial Change, Dk
- Latvia University, Latvian programme page
- University of Twente, Dutch programme page